Congratulations Athena! You are AlaskaFit’s Member of the Month for June!
Athena began working with us in January of this year and she’s had some terrific results. She’s a hairdresser (Athena’s Hair Design) and has been struggling with shoulder, back and neck issues.
After just 12 weeks, she has no back issues, has increased her stamina, so she feels better at the end of the day and will be participating in the Alaska Run for Women on June 12. Added bonus…her clothes fit better and she’s lost some weight and who doesn’t love that? We asked Athena to give us some specifics about her AlaskaFit experience…check out her story below. And, don’t forget to watch her video and hear what she has to sayfor herself.
1. Why did you decide to begin working out with AlaskaFit? It was a gift from my boyfriend, who also joined the program. With my job, he thought it would help improve my back.
2. How long have you been working with AlaskaFit? Since the beginning of 2010.
3. Tell us about your level of fitness before working out with AlaskaFit. In 3 words…not so great. I used to spend time on the elliptical but it definitely wasn’t enough!
4. Which AlaskaFit program(s) have you participated in? 12-week personal training program and in June I’ll start Boot Camp.
5. What have you enjoyed most about your AlaskaFit workouts? I LOVE that this program has given me the tools I need to have a total body workout designed for me and my needs.
6. Tell us how AlaskaFit has impacted your life overall. I am a hairdresser (Athena’s hair design) and I have many issues with my back, wrists and shoulders. These workouts have helped me increase my stamina and feel better at work as a whole. PLUS my clothes fit better 🙂
7. Would you recommend AlaskaFit to others, and if so, tell us why. Absolutely ! The people are encouraging, knowledgeable and having someone teach me how to workout has been wonderful!