Adding on to last week’s article about painless weight loss in Alaska, AlaskaFit has decided to share some more of our most popular tips with you. It doesn’t matter if you’re just starting out in your lifestyle change journey, or if you need some help getting over a plateau, we have the knowledge and experience to help you become the best version of you!
Pain-Free Weight Loss in Alaska
- Do boost your fiber—fiber helps keep you satisfied longer, without adding more calories than you need. If you find yourself snacking between meals and aren’t sure what your next step is, try adding some high-fiber options like bell peppers, whole wheat flour, or corn. Simple additions can take you from lunch to dinner without leaving you hungry and cranky.
- Do drink more water—your body needs more water than you’re giving it, we promise! Try chugging a glass before every meal, before snacking, and before and after workouts. If you’re craving some flavor, drop some lemon or other fruit in and give your bottle a shake—easy water infusions! Staying hydrated helps curb your appetite and allows your body to work out more, and longer, leading to better results!
- Do share—when you’re eating out, it’s easy to forget portion control and dieting often flies out the window. But next time you treat yourself, try splitting an entrée and see how satisfied (and money-savvy) you feel. While we’re on the topic of splitting…look in to sharing a gym membership, going dutch on personal trainer, or doubling up on a tandem bike. Whether it’s your spouse or a friend or family member, partnering up can help you reach your goals faster. AlaskaFit encourages you to work out together, pushing you to succeed in your weight loss in Alaska goals faster.
- Do downsize—if you’ve been cutting down your portions and feeling starved it can be an easy swap too feeling more satisfied—just downsize your plate, too. A smaller plate boasting a smaller portion can make you feel like you’re eating more, and ultimately lead to a feeling of satisfaction and reduce the desire to go back for seconds or snack later. Don’t forget smaller bowls, cups, and flatware can help you, too—try a small bowl of ice cream with a baby spoon and savor it a little longer!
- Do be patient—your weight loss journey isn’t going to happen overnight, and there will likely be many hurdles to overcome. Don’t beat yourself up about a day of indulgence, just try to be more mindful tomorrow and work toward your goals one day at a time. Turn your fast dieting and killer workouts in to a sustainable lifestyle of weight loss in Alaska, and be proud of every pound lost, every inch shed, because a lifestyle means you’ll keep the weight off, leading to a happier, healthier you.
When you want to take the first steps to weight loss in Alaska, or want to explore our many classes and work out options, contact AlaskaFit today!