Congratulations Laurie, you are our May Member of the Month. Laurie has been with us for almost a year and she’s made some Amazing progress. In addition to enjoying shapely new arms, Laurie is getting compliments from other boot campers and friends.
And, of course, she won a $25 Gift Card so she can go out and get herself a reward for all of her hard work. We asked Laurie why she chose AlaskaFit and below are her answers. Or, click on the video and hear what she has to say.
1. Why did you decide to begin working out with AlaskaFit? I came to the realization that it would take “group therapy” to get me motivated to work out. I finished Grad school in May of 2009, thinking I would have more time for myself, but ended up sitting around a few more months before deciding to do something about my fitness.
2. How long have you been working with AlaskaFit? Since August 2009.
3. Tell us about your level of fitness before working out with AlaskaFit. After two children in a short period of time, my body was in either pregnant, breast feeding, or trying to recover for about four years. So, I found it extremely difficult to get back into shape with the time I had. I needed prescribed exercise.
4. Which AlaskaFit program(s) have you participated in? Boot Camp & recently I have added Zumba one hour a week.
5. What have you enjoyed most about your AlaskaFit workouts? I like the group of people. Everyone is at a different level of fitness but we all support each other as we keep moving toward our personal fitness goals.
6. Tell us how AlaskaFit has impacted your life overall. I’m sleeping better, watching less TV, & I can lift my daughters up over my head without my arms giving out on me. And, I can wear clothes that have been hanging in my closet for a few years.
7. Would you recommend AlaskaFit to others, and if so, tell us why. For sure, especially if you like to be inspired by others to do your best. AND, Ginny is such a great person, she keeps us all happy while working out.