Whether you’re desperately trying to squeeze in workouts before breakfast, or fasting after a heavy lunch, weight loss can seem inconvenient, frustrating, and downright cruel. But taking a step back from starving diets, killer workout plans, and sugar-free foods can lead you to a better kind of weight loss—one that is sustainable, attainable, and fun! If you’re ready to kick start your journey to a healthier, happier you through weight loss in Alaska, AlaskaFit is here to help! Check out our pain-free tips to shedding the weight below.
Weight Loss in Alaska
- Don’t diet—create a lifestyle, which includes eating foods you love in moderation and the addition of some new favorites. Try adding more fruits and veggies to your diet in a non-committal way. Don’t suffer through endless lunches of salads and dry chicken breasts with rice—opt for fruit in your cereal, and throw some extra corn or peas into your soup at lunch. Adding better, whole foods to your diet works much better than trying to cut out more troublesome fare like carbs or chocolate.
- Don’t think of it as a “work” out—if you find yourself avoiding anything that could be labeled as exercise, the trick could be to never call it that. Sign up for Zumba, a bike club, a hiking group, or a class that interests you like kettleballs or crossfit. Don’t feel like you have to commit to something, either—try a class or two and if it doesn’t keep you interested and invested, search out something else!
- Don’t discount walking—when it comes to weight loss in Alaska, we know how short our warm weather can be. When the sun comes out, go for a walk! Even if it’s short, five minutes of walking is still five minutes, which takes you one step closer to your goals. If you find yourself loving the outdoors, invest in some sturdy and supportive shoes and lots of layers as the weather cools down.
- Do make changes—whether you start parking at the back of the lot, start a walking group in your neighborhood, or start mowing a neighbor’s lawn, there are lots of ways that you can burn off calories just by making small changes in your day-to-day routine. Ask your coworkers to partake in “walking meetings” as the weather gets nicer, take the stairs, or do a little music-motivated speed cleaning.
- Do swap out your faves—some low-fat foods should be avoided, as they pack in extra sugar, but it makes sense to opt for a lettuce-wrapped sandwich, a side of steamed veggies, or fruit rather than sweets. These easy changes can ensure that you’re still getting the most satisfaction out of your day while investing in yourself and making attainable steps to your goals.
If you’ve decided to make this year your year, call AlaskaFit today and schedule you’re first class, an initial meeting, or simply explore the fitness options we have. It’s not about getting in to shape—it’s about getting in to life!